AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- LEGALBAND China Employer of Choice Awards Winners of the Year 2017
- LEGALBAND Boutique Law Firm of the Year 2017 (Nomination)
- LEGALBAND Leading Chinese Law Firm 2017 (Corporate/M&A, Investment Fund, Outbound Investment, Private Equity & Venture Capital)
- LEGALBAND Boutique Law Firm of the Year 2016
- LEGALBAND Leading Chinese Law Firm 2016 (M&A, Investment Fund, Private Equity & Venture Capital)
- Recognised Firm in the IFLR1000 2018 edition
- ALB Rising Law Firm of the Year 2017 (Nomination)
- ALB Rising Law Firm of the Year 2016 (Nomination)
- ALB China Fast 10 Law Firms 2016
- ALB China Top 10 Law Firms To Watch 2016
- GEELY’s acquisition of Volvo Group (US$1.8billion);
- Superior Aviation Beijing Co., Ltd.’s acquisition of Hawker Beechcraft, Inc. (US$1.79billion);
- China Life’s strategic investment in Sino-Ocean Land (HK$5.8billion);
- Beijing West Industries’ acquisition of Delphi’s global suspension and brakes business and assets (US$100million);
- Capital Semiconductor Limited’s acquisition of cellular communications technology of Motorola, Inc. and Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.;
- Tongfang Guoxin Electronics Co. Ltd.’s acquisition of the OCXO production lines and related technologies in the Singapore factory of CTS corporation;
- Tongfang Guoxin Electronics Co. Ltd.’s investment in Hua Hong Semiconductor Limited as cornerstone investor;
- China National Fisheries Co.’s acquisition of a fishery company in Mozambique;
- 3SBIO Inc.’s acquisition of Enzyme Rx.
- Sino-Ocean Land’s strategic investment in China Huarong Asset Management Co., Ltd. (HK$5.3billion);
- Lafarge’s acquisition of Sichuan Shuangma Investment Group;
- Publicis Group’s acquisition of three advertising and public relations companies including Beijing W&K Communications Company;
- Beijing Puresino-Boda Environmental Engineering Co., Ltd. and Taliworks Corporation Berhad as the consortium on their acquisition of Yinchuan Sewage Treatment Co., Ltd.
- Gome’s acquisition of Dazhong Electronics (RMB 3.6billion);
- Shanxi Securities Company Limited’s acquisition of Green Futures Company Limited (RMB 1.1billion);
- Sino-Ocean Land’s acquisition of dozens of real estate project companies located in Beijing, Shanghai, Tianjin, Dalian, Changchun, Qingdao, Ningbo, Haikou, Sanya and Chengdu, etc.;
- New China Insurance Company Limited’s acquisition of dozens of real estate projects in China.
- Zhong De Securities, a joint venture investment bank established by Shanxi Securities Co., Ltd. and Deutsche Bank AG;
- INDIGO, a large scale commercial complex project on Jiangtai Road, Beijing which was jointly developed by Sino-Ocean Land and John Swire & Sons Group;
- Groupama-AVIC Property Insurance, a joint venture established by Groupama and Aviation Industry Corporation of China;
- Dialysis Services Cooperation Project in northeast China between Davita Inc. (a Fortune 500 health care company) and 3S Bio Inc.
Securities Issuance and Capital Markets
- Sino-Ocean Land Holdings Limited’s IPO on Hong Kong Stock Exchange (US$ 1.7 billion);
- Sino-Ocean Land’s issuance of RMB 10 billion Corporate Bonds, RMB2.6 billion Corporate Bonds, HK$1.5 billion Convertible Securities, US$400 million Perpetual Subordinated Capital Securities, US$900million Perpetual Subordinated Convertible Securities, US$500 million guaranteed notes (due date in 2019), US$700 million guaranteed notes (due date in 2024), US$700 million guaranteed notes (due date in 2020), US$500 million guaranteed notes (due date in 2027);
- Shanxi Securities Company Limited’s issuance of new shares to purchase Green Futures Company Limited (RMB 1.1 billion);
- Huatai Life’s issuance of RMB 700 million Subordinated Term Debts.
- Sino-Ocean Land’s US$200 million private equity financing (Investors include: Morgan Stanley, Standard Chartered Bank, Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc., Credit Suisse Group etc.) ;
- Beijing Putike Technology Co., Ltd.’s Series A Financing (Investors include: Sequoia Capital and IDG);
- Wuzhou online’s private equity financing.
Private Equity and Venture Capital
- Sino Prosperity Real Estate Fund’s (established by Sino-Ocean Land and KKR as its sponsors) real estate investment projects in PRC;
- Beijing Tourism Development Fund’s investment in Grand China Express International Travel Service Co. Ltd. and Beijing Capital Air Helicopter General Aviation Service Co., Ltd.;
- Huarong Yufu Capital PE Fund’s investment in Guangzhou Silicon Core Technology Company Limited and Maiquer Group Co., Ltd;
- Join-Hope’s investment in Renrendai, 3W Coffee, Lagou.com, Angel Crunch, Sexy Salad etc.
- China Integrated Circuit Industry Investment Fund;
- Beijing Integrated Circuit Industry Development Equity Investment Fund (RMB 30 billion);
- Sino Prosperity Real Estate Fund (US$ 200 million) by Sino-Ocean Land and KKR as its sponsors;
- Aerospace Industry Fund (RMB 3 billion);
- Beijing Tourism Development Fund (RMB 1 billion);
- Honghe Internet Fund (RMB 300 million);
- Pharmaceutical/Medical Industry Fund (RMB 250 million) by 3SBio Inc. and China Medical City as its sponsors;
- The investments in VC funds by the New Industry VC Program of Ministry of Finance of PRC and National Development and Reform Commission of PRC.
- Wellington College International Tianjin;
- Wellington College International Shanghai;
- Haileybury International School (Wuqing);
- 3E International School;
- Romp n’ Roll.
Cathay Associates Kejie is a transactional and litigation law firm with global network, which specializes in advising domestic and international leading companies, financial institutions and governments on their most challenging transactions and disputes. We work as a single united team with member firms of Cathay Associates to provide cross-jurisdictional legal service for Chinese enterprises on its outbound investments, mergers and acquisitions and commercial disputes around the world.
We have a thriving commercial law practice focused on the area of mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital, investment fund, securities issuance and capital markets, intellectual property, commercial litigation and arbitration.
Our experience in the fields of mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, corporate and securities law, and corporate governance means that we regularly handle some of the most complex, demanding and challenging transactions in the People’s Republic of China. We counsel both public and private acquirers and targets. We also have extensive experience in counseling boards of directors and senior management in the most sensitive situations.
We approach our clients’ legal issues always within the larger framework of their strategic, commercial and financial goals. We focus on matters that require the attention, extensive experience, expertise and the reputation of our partners. In order to provide this partner-intensive service, we generally do not handle routine matters, we limit the number and type of matters we do undertake.
- Financial regulation
CONTACT / INQUIRY
18/F, Tower C, Sanlitun SOHO, 8 Gongti Beilu, Chaoyang District, Beijing 100027, China
+8610 6506 9866