AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
The Most Respected Legal
Advisory for Funds in Malta 2014
2013 Acquisition International Legal Awards
Residence & Relocation Law Firm of the Year – Malta
- Representing a high net worth family in Italy to set up a collective investment vehicle (a Malta fund), to manage their investment portfolio more efficiently
- Engaged by a Turkish portfolio manager to establish an asset management company, licensed under MIFID and Maltese law
- Engaged by German Promoters to establish an investment services licensed Malta entity in the field of Forex and Contracts of Difference
- Engaged by high net worth Israeli clients to represent them for personal tax issues, including structuring their tax residence via the Global Residence programme
- One of the first firms to obtain citizenship by naturalization for one of our clients under the Malta individual investor programme
- Representing a number of high net worth individuals from Italy, in the formation of trusts and corporate structures for their wealth preservation and succession planning
Dr. Jonathan De Giovanni
Cathay Associates Malta is a full-service legal and tax Malta based firm. As an expert on the local jurisdiction and priding itself of a broad portfolio of both local and international clients, the Malta firm provides a key point of contact for the region while connecting to the Cathay Associates global network, providing the necessary expertise for the full life-cycle of any venture. As a leading legal and business advisory firm, Cathay Associates Malta maintains the deep sector knowledge necessary for seamless business development locally and worldwide.
With a client-focused approach, Cathay Associates Malta has established itself as a leading solution provider for legal and tax services to entrepreneurs, financial services operators and high-net-worth individuals. Its expertise spans across a large number of sectors including financial services, tax, private client services, corporate and commercial, real estate, gaming, aviation and yacht registration. Moreover, the firm is an approved company services provider and an accredited person for Malta’s Citizenship by Investment Programme.
- Tax consultancy
We are committed to the provision of corporate and personal tax services to a broad range of clients, including corporations, multi-national companies and financial services providers. Our services extend to corporate tax structuring and residency, efficient business planning, income tax, withholding taxes, V.A.T, interpreting double tax treaties and the formation and management of international groups, as well advising in relation to investments and trading, pensions, insurance products and wills.
- Maltese immigration and citizenship by investment
We aid our clients in navigating the Maltese citizenship process. As accredited agents, we ensure a comprehensive service from planning and executing the most suitable immigration programmes, to ensuring our clients’ immigration stability by implementing successful long term strategies.
- Private client services
We offer a proven track record for providing bespoke solutions to high-net-worth individuals and their families through the creation of trusts, foundations and other appropriate vehicles. Taking into account our clients’ varied commercial needs, we are best placed to protect and maximise our clients’ personal wealth.
- Financial services
We guide our clients through all aspects of Maltese financial services legislation and regulation, including all pre and post licensing advice. We advise on and draft all the necessary legal documentation from prospectuses and offering memoranda, to business plans and necessary contracts. To this end we have assisted fund promoters, fund managers and other licenced entities to establish themselves in Malta. We also advise on the pertinent corporate structures, anti-money laundering and compliance requirements.
- Corporate and commercial services
Our Maltese legal expertise ensures our clients receive a tailor-made service to match their company’s needs with contract drafting, intellectual property protection, company and partnership incorporation, set up and maintenance, corporate governance, risk and compliance and the provision of company directorships.
- Maltese aircraft and vessel registration
We assist our clients in successfully registering high value assets such as aircraft, private yachts and commercial shipping vessels. We can assist with tax structuring, V.A.T. advice where pertinent, financing and leasing, as well as with the drafting of all relevant contracts.
We have the local expertise and in-depth knowledge of the gaming industry to aid our clients in establishing iGaming businesses. We are on hand to draft bespoke contracts, aid with new licences and extensions, advise on tax and compliance matters and provide ongoing support in the evolving regulatory environment.
CONTACT / INQUIRY
35, The Penthouse, Salvu Psaila Street, Birkirkara, Malta, BKR 9072
+356 21 232 096