Trust, Estates Wealth Management:
- Provided legal advice to a number of clients on how to secure their wealth during and after their lifetime, elaborating and structuring suitable estate/wealth management solutions to draft wills and trusts, assisting in the establishment of several international trusts and wills
- The incorporation of several international trusts.
Restructuring, Insolvency and Workouts:
- Provided legal assistance in the restructuring of the University of Nicosia, the largest private university and one of the most reputable in Cyprus
- Designed the restructuring of many Cypriot companies for liability and tax purposes.
Media Technology and Telecoms:
- Incorporated the company UNIC MEDIA LTD, drafting and completing all the necessary documentation and application for submission to the Cyprus Radiotelevision Authority, in order to obtain the requisite license to operate a radio station within the Republic of Cyprus (and acting as legal advisor to URadio 99.6).
Labor and Employment:
- Act as the legal advisors on employment issues for the University of Nicosia.
- Act as the legal advisors on employment isssues for the U.N Medical School
- Act as the legal advisors on employment issues for CARDET, ETAPOL etc.
- Legal Advisors of GeSolar Limited, one of the most reputable energy companies in Cyprus
Healthcare and Life Science:
- Legal advisors of the Disciplinary Council of the Dental Association of Cyprus and act as the legal advisors of the Nicosia Dental Association.
- Assisted one of the leading Cypriot private hospitals to collect outstanding debts
- Filed on behalf of Razor USA LLC an opposition to the Registration of a Cypriot Trademark before the Cypriot Registrar.
Litigation and Arbitration
- Filed legal action on behalf of EMMI AG before the Cypriot Courts for the protection and passing of its trademarks
- Instituted proceedings before the Cypriot Courts for the protection of minority shareholders, derivative actions for Norwich Pharmacal orders and Anton Pillers.
M & A Corporate and Commercial
- Acted on behalf of Olive Group FZ- LLCP, Dubai, UAE and carried out a legal due diligence to the seller’s companies, including share purchase agreements (SPA)
Infrastructure and Transportation:
- Legal advisors of Elman Group Ltd, consisting of a number of companies which manufactures and distributes products throughout Cyprus
Real Estate and Construction:
- Legal advisors of several land developers in Cyprus.
Banking & Finance:
- Acted as the legal advisors of the Cooperative Bank of Kaimakli, Cyprus until its merger (now known as Ledra Cooperative Bank)
- Represent a number of clients as plaintiffs or defendants before the Cypriot Courts in respect of various banking issues.
Venture Capital and Startups & Emerging Companies:
- Provide legal advice, among others, to Helix Business Incubator, a collaborative venture between Intercollege, the Cyprus Institute of Neurology and Genetics and the Government of Cyprus.
Cathay Associates Cyprus brings a comprehensive approach for clients seeking legal and business solutions. Our office in Nicosia sits a key Mediterranean market and has a stong track record of dealing with a wide-range of issues relating to international business. Our clients needs and requirements are our first priority, and we fully meet their expectations by bringing a one-stop-shop service with 360-degree coverage. We bring solutions to highly complex matters, and that requires a tailor-made service which high-profile clients seek and expect.
Our firm brings an underlying philosophy that readily embraces and inspires a distinctive approach for solving complex legal and business issues, leading it to be one of Cyprus’ leading law firms. Our solid work ethnic allows for us to meet the challenging expectations its domestic and international clientele seek.
We bring a distinctive approach that was grown from many years of experience in a number of industries and sectors. Our expertise spreads across several areas of international business and corporate law, including: M&A and corporate, labor and employment, insurance, intellectual property and real estate. Furthermore, our strategic location allows for us to be a leader in a wide-range of maritime issues.
Our Nicosia office has the necessary know-how on both ends of the venture: fully capable of delivering a local expertise while simultaneously connecting to the Cathay Associates global network.
- Shipping Law
Building on 5,000 years of Cyprus shipping history, we have a strong expertise on maritime issues, such as the formation of shipping companies, drafting deeds for vessels (e.g. from transfer and mortgage of a vessel to employment contracts), and the entire registration process. Additionally, our expertise extends to maritime insurance, including protection of prosecution regarding oil pollution.
CONTACT / INQUIRY
Kallipoleos 17, Office 303, 1056, Nicosia, Cyprus