AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- In Tier-5 for Corporate M&A
- In Tier-2 for Dispute Resolution
- In Tier-2 for Employment
- In Tier-2 for Shipping by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017
- In tier-3 Law Firm for Merger & Acquisition
- Other Notable Law Firms for Banking
- Other Notable Law Firms for Energy and Infrastructure
- Other Notable Law Firms for Restructuring & Insolvency by IFLR 1000
- Recommended firm in the Financial and Corporate areas of practice by IFLR1000.
- Notable Law Firm in Indonesia for Energy and Infrastructure by IFLR1000.
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution of the Year by Corporate Livewire Global Awards
- Arbitration Law Firm of the Year in Indonesia by Corporate INTL.
- Acting for and advising China-based environmental company in an acquisition of a waste management company in Java, Indonesia involving a regional government interest.
- Acting for and advising subsidiary of a large publicly listed, Singapore-based mineral resources company in its acquisition of a power plant company in Eastern Indonesia related to its business re-organization involving two phases of acquisition, i.e. debt-to-equity (loan conversion) followed by a sale and purchase of shares with a total amount of USD 37,000,000.
- Assisting and advising one of the largest broadcasting companies in Indonesia in its merger with a broadcasting company in its group of companies whereby, with a transaction value of approximately IDR 730,000,000,000.
- Representing the subsidiary of a well-known Indonesian mining company in defending an arbitration claim made by a Chinese government-owned company to proceeding Singapore International Arbitration Center (SIAC)’s rules in Singapore related to the sale of coal. Outcome: The Claimant’s claim was dismissed, and the client’s counter claim for damages of USD 2.5 million was granted.
- Acting as the expert witness before the Federal Court of Australia for a group of insurance companies led by a leading international insurance company in relation to more than USD 50 million in insurance claims.
- Advising a number of soft commodities trading companies in settling its dispute with Indonesian counterparts through International Cotton Association (“ICA”) arbitration in London and in enforcing ICA awards in Indonesia.
- Advising and assisting a British Virgin Islands and Hong Kong SAR trading company in enforcing international arbitral awards worth more than USD 3 million rendered by the ICA Arbitration Award against a textile company in East Java, Indonesia.
- Assisting an international shipping company to establish a JV shipping company to operate Floating Production Storage and Off-loading (FPSO) and Floating Storage and Off-loading (FSO) projects in Indonesian waters.
- Advising a leading company in the submarine telecommunications fiber optic cable industry in connection with its cable repair operation projects in Indonesia.
- Advising an Indonesian subsidiary of a well-known Japanese metal industry company on their plan to establish a new trading and import company of alloy steel in Indonesia.
- Advising and assisting a world renowned Chinese telecommunication company in establishing an Indonesian company in Karawang, Indonesia.
BIL is committed to serving our clients with excellence and integrity of the highest order. We recognize that our clients conduct business in complex, dynamic environments. We are committed to providing them with tailored legal solutions and outcomes that effectively address their needs. This guides the recruitment and ongoing development of our team of lawyers and support staff, as well as the services we provide to our clients.
We are continuously investing in our client relationships – their people, business, goals and aspirations, and the issues and challenges they face. This enables us to effectively work with clients to achieve the solutions and outcomes they deserve.
We are committed to all of our team members, not just our lawyers. We invest in their development knowing that a well-rounded team will provide our clients with the highest level of professional service that they deserve.
- Aviation & Shipping
- Banking, Finance & Capital Markets
- Bankruptcy & Corporate Restructuring
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Construction, Infrastructure & Project Finance
- Corporate Merger & Acquisition
- Employment & Industrial Relations
- Environment, Energy & Natural Resources
- Foreign Direct Investment & Joint Ventures
- Insurance & Re-Insurance
- Intellectual Property Rights & Franchising
- International Trade & Customs
- Real Estate & Hotels
- E-Commerce, IT & Telecommunication
CONTACT / INQUIRY
Sahid Sudirman Center, Floor 49
Jl. Jendral Sudirman, No. 86, Jakarta 10220, Indonesia
+ 62 21 520 1600