- Advisor to a consortium of real estate promoters in legal dispute with a Bank. Amount in dispute: Euro 30 million
- On-going advisor to a liquor production company
- Mauritian advisor to a number of collective investment schemes, private equity funds and real estate investment trusts investing in main land Africa
- Mauritius lawyer to a number of overseas Companies in relation to their on-going concern in their Mauritian subsidiaries or branches
- Lawyer to the project companies in relation to the development of real estate development in Mauritius
- Advisor to international banks in relation to loans lent in Mauritius
- Advisor to an international energy company in relation to their investments in Mauritius, including tax structuring advice and on-going corporate concerns
- On-going advisor to a group of hotels
- Advisor to a leasing company in relation to leasing and registration of air-craft and vessels in Mauritius
Cathay Associates in Mauritius, PR Legal, is a modern and dynamic set of lawyers who have both legal and practical experience over a wide range of areas. The team endeavours to provide both a unique and inter-personal experience to each of their dedicated clients.
Cathay Associates Mauritius is rapidly building a solid reputation as a boutique law firm of choice for foreign investors investing in Mauritius or through Mauritius into Africa. The team are distinguished by their fast turnaround time and with their state-of-the-art facilities.
- Trusts, Estates & Wealth Management:
Members of our team regularly act for high net worth individuals and families in their estate planning and wealth management. Lawyers at PR Legal provide sophisticated advice and put in place the most appropriate structures to be used in or from Mauritius in estate planning and wealth management.
- Provided legal advice to a number of foreign clients in re-localising the holding of their estate through Mauritius;
- Provided legal advice in designing the most appropriate vehicles and structures for estates holding and wealth management
- Provided legal services in setting up and establishing a number of Trust in the restructuring process for estate and wealth Management
- Restructuring, Insolvency and Workouts:
We are often instructed to act for (a) Insolvent Companies & Companies in Liquidation, (b) Secured and Unsecured Creditors (c) Receiver / Manager (d) Employees; in restructuring, insolvency proceedings and workouts.
- Labor and Employment:
We are frequently retained to act both for employers and employees in relation to labour matters. PR Legal has been involved in a number of negotiation and drafting of sophisticated employment agreements, involving high calibre employees in technical industries.
Our firm has been instructed to advise on a number of matters in relation to the use of the most appropriate and tax efficient structures in Mauritius in connection with investment into Mauritius or through Mauritius into Africa. Members of PR Legal have also been instructed to act on matters involving disputes with the Revenue Authority in Mauritius.
- Consumer Industry:
We are regularly instructed to appear for both customers and industry players in the consumer Industry. Our experience extends on a wide range of products and services.
- Venture Capital and Startups & Emerging Companies:
PR Legal is distinguished for its expert and thorough knowledge and experience in dealing in corporate matters involving advise and creation corporate structures, mergers and acqusions and winding ups. Members of our team have extensive experience and practice in advising Startups and Emerging Companies from Mauritius. We are also regularly instructed to advice on venture capitals.
CONTACT / INQUIRY
5th Floor, Pope Hennessy Tower, Pope Hennessy Street, Port Louis, Mauritius
00 230 210 6675
00 230 212 4484